7 Perfect Toppings for Healthy Vegetarian Pizza
There are numerous aspects that must be fulfilled in order to live a healthy and happy life, one of which happens to be food. The main source of nutrition for living beings is food and water. While plants synthesize their own food materials, we humans are completely dependent on the plants and other animals for our food. The primary purpose of eating and drinking happens to be nutrition, yet most of the people today eat to satisfy their taste buds. There are multiple vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes consumed by numerous individuals on day to day basis. Pizza is an Italian food item which is consumed with utter happiness and excitement throughout the world. Read more about the joys of vegetarian pizza below, and be sure to stop by our pizza place in Silicon Valley to order a fresh slice of flavor, or go big and order our King Kong!
Pizza – the Soul Food
The most loved Italian dish in the entire world happens to be pizza. It is prepared with different recipes, different sauces, different ovens, but with the same feeling of love for pizza around the world. Some people are so crazy about this food item that they refer to pizza as their soulmate and talk about marrying it. Within a decade, this food item has gain utmost popularity, especially amongst the youth. There are a number of individuals that disregard pizza and consider it junk food. Read our section below, which is dedicated to all the pizzerians and the opposers of pizza, as it will enlighten you about the seven perfect toppings for preparation of a healthy vegetarian pizza.
Our Seven Super-Healthy Toppings for Your Pizza
According to popular belief, pizza is not the healthiest food item. It is noteworthy here, that a pizza can be made nutritious and super-healthy by using healthy toppings. Mentioned below is a list of all the healthy vegetarian alternatives of pizza toppings that our local New York pizza-makers enjoy:
- Rosemary is a miraculous green vegetable which is known best for boosting memory and immunity. Apart from that, it is also known to stimulate blood flow, making the skin look flawless.
- Red potato is the next healthy topping on our list. The best feature of a red potato is it being fat-free, reducing the fattening factors associated with pizzas.
- Spinach is the vegetable known for eliciting big biceps to our favorite ‘Popeye the sailor man’. On a serious note, spinach is extremely rich in iron and can serve all the requirements of iron in the body.
- Zucchini is yet another green vegetable, famous for its weight loss stories. It protects your cardiovascular system and helps to keeps you disease-free.
- Asparagus is the best vegetable to dig in when you are trying to lose weight. Apart from that, it comes loaded with antioxidants to maintain the best of health.
- Tomato is one vegetable which is used conventionally in the pizzas, but its health benefits are still unknown. It is the richest source of antioxidants and aids digestion. Also, consuming tomatoes has been known to have the counter the effects of smoking cigarettes.
- Mushroom has been known for its numerous health benefits, and certain specific varieties of mushrooms are known to fight against cancer.
Any food item when prepared with the healthiest veggies can never be considered as unhealthy or junk, and with pizza, there is a wide variety of toppings to make it nutritious. New York Pizza is one such pizzeria known for preparing the healthiest pizzas across Silicon Valley. Contact us to learn more, visit a New York Pizza location in Palo Alto or San Mateo, or order online to enjoy the tastiest and healthiest pizza in town.